Dark Chocolate Cherry and Chia Energy Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup raw pepitas
- 1 cup peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, or other nut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, chia seeds, dark chocolate, and pepitas. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the nut/seed butter, honey, vanilla, and the salt. Stir until smooth. Pour the butter and honey mixture over the oat mix and stir until evenly coated. Then stir in the cherries.
- On a baking sheet using a 2-3" cookie cutter, press the energy bar mix into the cutter and press firmly. Continue until the mixture is gone.
- Place the energy bars in the refrigerator until firm and then transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Author: Shaina Olmanson
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Recipe by Food for My Family at http://foodformyfamily.com/recipes/dark-chocolate-cherry-and-chia-energy-bars