Hazelnut Blueberry Kasha with Cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dried wild blueberries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. Pour in the groats and cook, stirring frequently, until toasted.
- Add the water and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low. Stir in the blueberries. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes until kasha is cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon the kasha into bowls and top with the toasted hazelnuts. Drizzle the cream over the top just before serving.
If you are using pre-toasted buckwheat groats, often sold as “kasha,” you can omit the first step of toasting them in oil.
Author: Shaina Olmanson
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 14 mins
Recipe by Food for My Family at http://foodformyfamily.com/recipes/hazelnut-blueberry-kasha-with-cream-buckwheat-groats