Steakhouse Salad with Grilled Ribeye and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- For the steak:
- 1 10-ounce rib eye
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- For the croutons:
- 12 ounces French bread cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (like Maille)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- ⅓ – ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced (can substitute other herbs)
- For the salad
- 6 cups spring mix greens or baby greens
- 1 medium or 2 small cucumbers, thinly slices
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, diced
- ¼ cup gorgonzola crumbles
- Season each side of the steak with half of the salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium high and place steak on the cooking grate. Flip to an unused portion of the cooking surface after three minutes. After another three minutes flip again. Wait two more minutes and flip a final time.
- Steak should be medium after another two minutes, verify your preferred doneness with a meat thermometer and remove. Allow the steak to rest for about five minutes before slicing thin.
- While the steak is resting, mix together all ingredients except the bread in a large bowl. After mixing, add bread cubes and toss to coat evenly. Heat a large skillet to medium and add half of the bread cubes. Stir to flip the toasting croutons every two minutes until most cubes are evenly toasted, about 8-10 minutes total. Remove and repeat with the remaining half of the bread.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, mustard, sea salt, and the shallot in a bowl or cup. Whisk together. While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Stir in the fresh herbs.
- Toss all the salad ingredients, croutons, steak strips, and the vinaigrette together and serve.
Author: Shaina Olmanson
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Recipe by Food for My Family at http://foodformyfamily.com/recipes/steakhouse-salad-with-grilled-rib-eye-and-balsamic-vinaigrette