- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 3-4 pounds lamb leg meat, cubed into 1" pieces
- In a zip-top bag or shallow container, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and zest, oregano, thyme, garlic, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Stir to mix. Add in the lamb pieces and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill. Remove the meat from the marinade and thread onto water-soaked bamboo skewers or stainless skewers.
- Grill on a medium-high heat grill, rotating the skewers for even cooking, about 2 minutes per side, 8-10 minutes total.
Author: Shaina Olmanson
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Recipe by Food for My Family at http://foodformyfamily.com/recipes/lamb-kebabs-with-tzatziki-and-quinoa-tabbouleh