- 2 bunches parsley, stems discarded (about 3 packed cups)
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced into small cubes
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Add the parsley and mint to a food processor. Pulse to finely mince the parsley and mint being careful not to pulse too far. You want to be able to still see the pieces of the herbs.
- Add the herbs to a large bowl and combine with the quinoa, diced tomatoes, green onions, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, salt, and allspice. Stir and taste. Add more salt or lemon juice if needed.
Traditional tabbouleh has bulgur wheat instead of quinoa. You can easily swap out the quinoa with soaked bulgur in its place.
Author: Shaina Olmanson
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Recipe by Food for My Family at http://foodformyfamily.com/recipes/lamb-kebabs-with-tzatziki-and-quinoa-tabbouleh