A Valentine’s Day menu that everyone will love and be excited for. Additionally, an introduction to the new online recipe site Foodily: Food, I love you.
Every year for Valentine’s Day our tradition is to plan a special meal for the family. Ole and I have never actually done anything huge or extravagant, but considering our love for food, it seems only right that we’d share a meal with those little bundles of love we have right here at home. Plus, Valentine’s Day is on a Monday and we have things like swimming lessons to plan around.
For this year’s menu I am partnering with Foodily, the newest and hottest recipe site out there, which features gorgeous photos and plenty of opportunities to browse. I like to eat with my eyes first, after all. Foodily is a great way to share recipes and is integrated with Facebook, making it even easier to show off what you made and enjoyed for dinner last night.
With a wide variety of recipes from popular chefs and bloggers (me included!), this can be your go-to site for dinner inspiration and menu planning. So, take a look around and check out what they have to offer. Then, if you’re inspired, create your own Valentine’s Day menu.
Share your Valentine’s Day Menu on Foodily and they could feature you!
- Go to Foodily.com and login with Facebook Connect (or create a login).
- Check out the recipes and pick ones you think would make a lovely Valentine’s Day meal!
- Save your selected recipes to a menu:
* While viewing the recipe, select the “save” button. It will choose to save as an appetizer, main dish, et cetera, and then you can pick a name for your menu. Choose a fun Valentine’s Day menu name.
* Repeat until you have a full menu.
- View your menu (either from tab at top or from your profile) and grab the URL (you can also share your menu on Facebook and grab the URL there). Note: the URL will look similar to this: http://foodily.com/m/1234
- Tweet the following with the#foodilyvdaymenu hashtag at the back end of your tweet:
Check out my @foodily Valentine’s Day menu! Create one of your own! http//(your menu URL here) #foodilyvdaymenu
- Foodily will be watching and selecting menu winners daily to be featured on the Foodily site!
Note: You can also enter by sharing your menu on Foodily’s Facebook wall.
Here’s my Valentine’s Day Menu from Foodily:
Appetizer– Caramelized Onion and Apple Crostini
Soup – Simple Cauliflower Soup
Salad – Beetroot, Red Apple and Watercress Salad
Main Course – Filet Mignon with Balsamic Reduction
Dessert – Chocolate Souffles
Last week from Food for My Family:
Breaking Picky Eaters: Aimée Wimbush-Bourque of Simple Bites
Breaking Picky Eaters: Guest Post from Katie Goodman of GoodLife Eats
Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette and Bacon Crumbles or Not
I am part of a team of paid Foodily ambassadors. The opinions within this post are my own.
More from Food for My Family
No related posts.