Five things I learned about curling last week:
- Each rock weighs 40 pounds.
- The last rock thrown in an end is “the hammer.”
- The scoreboard is hard to read until someone explains it to you.
- The handle on the rock is called “Eye on the Hog.”
- Inexperienced players wibble wobble, but none fell down. I was waiting, though.
And just like that, it’s February. While January was an exciting month for me, full of opportunities and changes, I would not like to repeat it. I am happy to be moving forward in the year, and I’m hoping that I find balance as I continue to shift my schedule and move the puzzle pieces around.
Monday – Baked haddock and leek and potato gratin.
Tuesday – Pizza for the kids and pizza for us, but not in the same place. We’ll be at our friends’ house watching LOST.
Wednesday – Brick chicken with scallion and lime butter, quinoa salad and steamed vegetables
Thursday – Spinach and ricotta ravioli – delicious! – that we flash froze so there would be quick and easy meals available
Friday – Scotch eggs and potato salad with carrot sticks and fruit.