We try to plan a meal plan that gives us options to swap and switch throughout the week. The menu usually has similar ingredients so we reduce waste, and we benefit from a well-stocked pantry at home.
We’re getting ready for the holidays around these parts, believe it or not. Slowly but surely, things are starting to feel a bit more festive. I’m starting to think about dishes to prepare and serve (yeah, Im’ slow this year), and I maybe even started thinking about Christmas presents. Shhhhhhhhh….
First, I get to work with Pepperidge Farm looking at how to customize their stuffing to something that’s unique and originally you. Watch for a recipe next week! I am so excited to show you what I’m thinking of. Truly a Minnesota girl at heart.
Then there are the cookies. Loads and loads of Christmas cookies baked off and sent to friends, carted to Christmas gatherings and gifted to neighbors. I so enjoy the baking and gifting, but sometimes the volume can be a bit overwhelming. I need to plan ahead, and just in time, Smucker’s sent me a crate full of their Orchard’s Finest preserves and marmalades.
These are the perfect preserves to use in my cookies. With no HFCS and plenty of fruit pieces, they’re packed full of flavor. I started out by adding them to jam bars, but now I’m saving several for the holiday season. Plus, I get to share them with you!
The Preparation Shortcuts:
1. After dinner on Monday, roast and toss your chicken bones in a pot and make stock for your soups.
2. Leftover chicken goes into the fried rice.
3. Make extra rice on Tuesday to use for Wednesday’s soup.
4. Dice extra sweet potatoes on Wednesday and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will reduce prep time for Friday.
THREE readers will each win a Smucker’s Orchard’s Finest basket that includes:
HOW TO ENTER TO WIN
1. Leave a comment. What is one thing you’re making for the holiday season?
2. Follow @FoodforMyFamily on Twitter and tweet the following, and come back and let me know you did:
Enter to win a Smucker’s holiday basket including a $100 @CookingCom gift card from @FoodforMyFamily http://su.pr/32NySk #giveaway
3. Join the Food for My Family community on Facebook. Come back and leave a comment letting me know you did so. If you already do, THANK YOU. Just let me know.
4. Join the Smucker’s community on Facebook. Come back and leave a comment letting me know you did so.
This giveaway will run until Monday, November 21st at 11:59 p.m. ET and is open to all U.S. residents. Three winners will be chosen at random using Random.org from all eligible entries. Each reader has 4 chances to win by completing the above tasks and leaving a separate comment for each entry method completed. Chosen winner must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
This giveaway is sponsored by Smucker’s. Pepperidge Farm is hiring me for their post that I mentioned above. Tips, opinions and random thoughts are 100% mine. You’re welcome, and thank you for reading and supporting me.
Last week from Food for My Family:
Sweet and Sticky Barbecue Wings
Last Chance to enter the Bush’s Beans Tailgate Giveaway!
Bon Appétit Daily looks at whether from-scratch green bean casserole is worth it.
You can get my recipe for the traditional Thanksgiving side dish pictured above on Family Kitchen.
The Detox Diet: Foods to Help you Detox Naturally
The Perfect Pumpkin Pie
More menu plans on OrgJunkie.com!