Enter to win a Le Creuset Cast Iron Enameled Crêpe Pan and start flipping and filling them in style.
Last week in San Francisco Ole took me to his favorite breakfast place in Nob Hill. It’s just a bit off the beaten path, and they have just a lovely chalkboard menu that boasts a full selection of both sweet and savory crêpes, including specials of the day for both. There was the crêpe Suzette (which is to be twisted and replicated later this week), and then there were crêpes filled with chicken, avocado, scallions, cheddar and dripping with a hot sauce.
I’ve discussed the beauty that is the crêpe here before, and then played up their versatility with a take on green eggs and ham, but I’ve never really had a proper pan to make my own. The hardest part about making these without the proper pan is (a) the lip on the side of the regular frying pan I was using makes it hard to flip the thin, delicate pancakes, and (b) it is hard to get an even layer without this cool little spreading tool that you see all the boys at the crêperie using to spread their crêpes thin. Bonus: The cast iron is perfect for more than just crêpes. I see gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches in the near future.
This giveaway is part of a delicious group of Le Creuset Holiday Giveaways. Take a little stroll through the bloggy forest and see what other goodies you can find.
- Gourmande in the Kitchen for a Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Skillet
- Dine & Dish for a Le Creuset Round 3.5-Quart French Oven
- Bakers Royale for a Le Creuset 16-Quart Stockpot
- I Am Baker for a Le Creuset Baking Dish Set
- Tidy Mom for a Le Creuset 3.5-Quart Braiser
One lucky reader will win a Le Creuset Cast Iron Enamled Crêpe Pan!
HOW TO ENTER TO WIN
1. Leave a comment. Check out the Le Creuset site and tell me what product is on your wishlist.
It’s a #LeCreusetHoliday Enter to win a @LeCreuset Cast Iron Crepe Pan from @FoodforMyFamily http://su.pr/2Jbrfw #giveaway
3. Join the Food for My Family community on Facebook. Come back and leave a comment letting me know you did so. If you already do, THANK YOU. Just let me know.
4. Join the Le Creuset community on Facebook. Come back and leave a comment letting me know you did so.
This giveaway will run until Sunday, December 18th at 11:59 p.m. ET and is open to all U.S. residents. A winner will be chosen at random using Random.org from all eligible entries. Each reader has 4 chances to win by completing the above tasks and leaving a separate comment for each entry method completed. Chosen winner must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
This giveaway is sponsored by Le Creuset. Tips, opinions and random thoughts are 100% mine.