A brief look at which posts and recipes resonated with you in 2012, and what that means for 2013 here at Food for My Family. I wasn’t going to do one of these posts where we tick off the top 10 (or 12 as the trend seems to be) posts of the past year. Still, here I am on Friday of the first week, and it seems like a legitimate place to start off 2013. So, these are a few of the posts that received the most love this year:
I think what you’re telling me here is bacon, breakfast, and beauty: The three Bs for 2013. There were also quite a few jars, which makes sense as my cookbook, Desserts in Jars, was published last year and my life was overrun with jars tucked into every nook and cranny from January to December.
I added a few homemade personal care items to the list for the year. I’m bringing back the Monday menu, if for no other reason than to ask you all how you enjoyed your weekends and tell you about all the amazing recipes I found on other sites. Breakfast is a necessity, and bacon just automatically follows along with it. It’s like they were made for each other. Finally, I’ll try to bottle up pieces of my brain and put them down on the proverbial paper that is this space. I hope that it goes without saying, but thank you.
I leave you with a list of what I’ve accomplished so far in 2013:
- I started and finished reading a book. (Oh, I signed up for Goodreads in 2012, too!) I did this on Wednesday, both the starting and the finishing.
- I also did part of the reading of that book while working out on an elliptical machine at the gym we joined so that my oldest can swim at their club.
- I finished a book proposal. Go team.
- I had cheesecake for breakfast today with fresh fruit and coffee. I don’t regret that decision at all. I followed it up with tea and sushi for lunch, and dinner is a salad with homemade croutons.
- I’ve been putting cream, heavy cream or Irish cream, in my coffee. Milk delivery doesn’t come until the second week of the year.
Here’s to 2013.