I’ve partnered up with Bush’s Beans again to talk about tailgating tips and give you a little takeaway, too! It’s right in the middle of football season, so let’s get our tailgate on!
If you’re a football fan and live in the vicinity of an NFL or NCAA stadium, chances are good you may have at least seen fans tailgating, even if you didn’t partake yourself. If you didn’t partake, well, let me tell you, you’re missing out.
As the wife of a Gamecock, I promise you that good times can be had at a tailgate. (And tailgating isn’t just for football fans, either. Tailgating the minor league baseball team is perfectly acceptable and even encouraged. Go Saints!)
Not near a stadium? Well, you’re in luck. It turns out you can tailgate in your living room, your backyard, the driveway, wherever you happen to have space for a chair and a plate.
1. Prepare your food ahead. I’m not necessarily talking about cooking your food ahead, but the prep part only. Pat out burgers and separate them with pieces of parchment. Make foil boats to fill with side dishes, chop any vegetables you need and be sure you have a can opener…
2. Put together a tailgate kit. We have one of these for camping that can also sub in for tailgating. It contains odds and ends that you will most definitely need when preparing food and eating in the middle of the parking lot (or the wilderness). Include:
- Paper towels for spills, mishaps and your face.
- Aluminum foil to cook off and wrap leftover food with.
- Matches for those times when the grill can’t get going fast enough
- A can opener for you and everyone the cans of all your friends who will inevitably not have a can opener.
- Garbage bags for bits of food, paper towels and other mess you’ll be making, as well as one for recycling.
- Weights or something else suitable to hold napkins and the like down.
- Rain ponchos for both yourself and your food in case the skies open up while you’re enjoying yourself.
3. Be visible. Whether you are looking to attract other fans, get your friends to find you or just avoid getting run over, you’ll want to be visible.
Bush’s sent over a gorgeous tailgating kit for our day of food, family, friends and football. Plus, we get to give one away to our readers!
One Bush’s Baked Beans Tailgating Kit that includes:
- A Bush’s Cooler
- Two Folding Chairs
- A Burger Press
- Hot Dog and Brat Griller
- Coupons for Bush’s Baked Beans
HOW TO ENTER TO WIN
1. Leave a comment. What football team do you cheer for?
Enter to win a tailgate set from @BushsBeans on @FoodforMyFamily http://su.pr/1k57HV
3. Join the Food for My Family community on Facebook. Come back and leave a comment letting me know you did so. If you already do, THANK YOU. Just let me know.
4. Join the Bush’s Beans community on Facebook. Come back and leave a comment letting me know you did so.
This giveaway will run until Monday, November 14that 11:59 p.m. ET and is open to all U.S. residents. A winner will be chosen at random using Random.org from all eligible entries. Each reader has 4 chances to win by completing the above tasks and leaving a separate comment for each entry method completed. Chosen winner must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
This post is sponsored by Bush’s. Tips, opinions and random thoughts are 100% mine. You’re welcome.